Delivery of goods by sea from the port of Hamburg
How to order international sea transport and services for the delivery of goods from the port of Hamburg? Send us your requirements and we will organize the whole process according to an individual plan.
Fill out the form to receive information about the delivery of goods
Trucking as a model of delivery of goods from Europe
International road transport of goods is one of the most popular and demanded ways of transporting goods across Europe. Medium and small businesses in Ukraine often use this model for sending from Europe to Ukraine and for exporting Ukrainian goods to EU countries due to the availability and optimal time-cost-safety ratio.
Advantages of road transport on the Europe-Ukraine line:
- ample opportunities of the LCL model → the cost of delivery of groupage cargo is significantly lower for each owner of the goods participating in the Less-than-container Load scheme
- the ability to send several cargo vehicles (TC) with a single package of documents for the FCL-model → optimization of administrative time and budget
- transportation of groupage cargo using the vehicle of reliable partners-subcontractors under the control of the general operator represented by the company “Hals Market”
- transportation in containers, refrigerated trucks;
- the ability to select a customs control point at the border, taking into account the workload → reduced delivery time
- using auto delivery as a component of multimodal (combined) transportation
- fast and inexpensive delivery of small batches, small-sized goods
- frequent scheduled flights
- possibility of door-to-door delivery
High efficiency of delivery of goods from Europe as part of an LCL container by road is achieved due to the consolidation of goods at the nearest warehouse. Brokerage and logistics holding “Hals Market” has leased consolidated warehouses in the EU countries (Poland, Germany, Hungary). For shipment, a prefabricated party is formed, taking into account the requirements for joint transportation. Then the company managers draw up an individual route, taking into account the class and other characteristics of the groupage cargo.
International sea transport
Cargo transportation EU-Ukraine / Ukraine-ЄC by sea will be the best solution for container transportation of large consignments from abroad. It should be borne in mind that sea freight often takes more time in comparison with auto and air delivery. At the same time, sea transportation is less expensive in comparison with other transport schemes. The terms of sea delivery on the Ukraine-EU logistics section are 7-25 days.
Among the advantages of container transportation by sea on the EU-Ukraine line, it is worth highlighting:
- favorable transportation price
- Affordable Freight Rates, Strong Market
- groupage cargo delivery
Our logistics specialists will prepare an individual proposal for shipping. Brokerage and logistics company calculates freight offers based on the following criteria: overall dimensions, weight of goods, distance (freight rates are lower for long-distance distance), collection and delivery (further internal transport is required to move the goods from the port to the address), type of shipment (the nature of the goods may affect transportation), insurance (additional coverage can be purchased for extra cargo protection), customs clearance (for international sea freight fees apply).
Benefits of shipping products by sea
Flexibility: the ability to bring a wide variety of objects with a wide choice of routes and vessels.
Inexpensive: low rates while delivering large quantities over long distances.
Environmentally friendly: the most environmentally friendly mode of transport when comparing fuel consumption with the weight of the transported object.
Security: shipping is the safest form of international shipments.
Ability to safely transport dangerous goods prohibited in other services.
Lower maintenance costs compared to rail or road.
If you choose full download, you have several options to choose from:
1. FCL 20 inches (volume: 33.2 m³)
2. FCL 40 inches (volume: 67.7 m³)
3. FCL 40 inches HQ (volume: 76.3 m³)
4. FCL 45 inches HQ (volume: 85.9 m³)
The volume of containers may vary slightly depending on the shipping company. The above container volumes correspond to Maersk (a Danish company specializing in sea freight and port terminal services). The deviation is so small (+/- 0.1 m³) that you have nothing to worry about. However, there is a way to save on shipments from the Port of Hamburg in terms of volume. Order as many units as can fit in the container type instead of asking for a specific amount per item.
This way you can avoid situations in which you have to pay for unused space or, alternatively, you have to use an LCL container. The latter situation in particular can be costly as LCLs have higher port charges than FCLs.
The best insurance is good quality export packaging. It seems logical that German traders see it too. However, there are countless vendors stocking tens of thousands of dollars worth of goods with cheap and low-quality packaging materials. & Nbsp;
Before ordering, you must explain to the supplier what kind of packaging you need. Delivery of goods from Europe can be carried out with the fulfillment of the following requirements:
1. Outer drawer: 5 layers of carton.
2. Inner box: 3 layers of a box.
3. Sturdy wooden pallets (size standards vary).
4. Plastic protection: outer box packing.
5. Plastic straps: when the structure is held by the stand.
On the example of one case, you can understand the importance of this point. The customer made a terrible mistake and simply told the supplier that the order should be shipped on coasters. And he actually shipped the shipment (1000 pieces of 25kg PVC tarpaulin), but not on the pallet normally presented for a 25t weight. No, he used plastic trays similar to those used to place bananas. The result was almost complete disaster. The bottom was crushed by the weight, and the plastic turned into sharp corners that drilled through the cardboard boxes. In this case, there is a very small chance that the product will not be damaged.
What happens if the cargo is damaged?
Sea transportation is a complex and painstaking process, which must take into account many factors for a successful result. Unfortunately, damage happens more often than importers think. If your order arrives in poor condition, we recommend that you do the following:
1. Take photo and video confirmation.
2. Estimate the total number of spoiled boxes or items.
3. Calculate the cost of damage. Make sure it matches the invoice amount and is realistic. (Insurance companies are not stupid and insurance fraud is still punishable.)
4. Submit your records to your insurance company.
The last point is not always straightforward when you let the supplier choose what type of shipment and the appropriate insurance to choose. Therefore, it is recommended to request a copy of the insurance policy from the supplier prior to shipping the item. Then you will know who to contact in case of a problem.
If you have a justified case, this process will be completed quickly and painlessly, and you will get your money back. However, please note that most insurance companies only insure freight.